- Plural of compound
- third-person singular of compound
Compound may refer to:
- Compound (chemistry), a combination of two or more elements.
(enclosure), a cluster of buildings having a shared purpose,
usually inside a fence or wall.
- Compound (fortification), a version of the above fortified with defensive structures.
- Compound (linguistics), a word that consists of more than one radical element.
- Compound (music), an attribute of an interval or time signature.
- Compounding, the mixing of drugs in pharmacy.
It is also found in combination with other words:
- Compound chocolate, a chocolate substitute.
- Compound fracture, complete fractures of bone where at least one fragment has damaged the skin, soft tissue or surrounding body cavity.
- Compound interest, unpaid interest that is added to the principal so that subsequent interest is calculated on the grossed amount.
- Compound locomotive, a locomotive in which exhaust steam is recycled in a low pressure cylinder or cylinders.
- Compound sentence, a type of sentence made up of two or more independent clauses and no subordinate (dependent) clauses.
compounds in German: Mischung
compounds in French: Composite
compounds in French: Composition
compounds in Simple English: Compound